Reentering or Returning Graduate Students

If you are a reentering graduate student, do not complete a reentry form.

Contact the Office of the Registrar, Scheduling and Fees, 10 Enrollment Services Center, Ames, Iowa 50011-2049; phone 515-294-2331; e-mail:, to reactivate your graduate record. After your record has been reactivated, you must contact your major professor to begin your registration and select your courses.

Please note: If you have not been registered for four consecutive terms, excluding summer terms, you will need to submit a Request to be Reinstated to Active Status form. Please contact the Graduate College at 515-294-4531 if you have question on requesting your status be changed from Inactive to Active.

International students also may need to contact the International Students and Scholars Office, 3248 Memorial Union, Ames, IA 50011-1130, phone: 515-294-1120, fax: 515-294-8263, or email:

For more detail about the policy, see the reentry policy in the current catalog.